Thursday, June 5, 2008

To Unravel A Murder, You Have To Strip It To The Bone. Every Body Has Secrets


In the last couple of weeks I have found myself watching a show called "Bones." I couldn't stop watching after I sat and watched the pilot online. here is a little synopsis:

Brilliant, but socially inept, forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperence Brennan works at the Jeffersonian Institute in Washington DC.  She is approached by cocky yet charming ex-Army Ranger turned Special Agent, Seeley Booth to help the Bureau solve crimes by identifying human remains that are far too decomposed for standard FBI forensic investigations. Brennan's empirical, literal view of the world causes friction with Booths emotive, instinctive attitude creating a volatile relationship. However as their case load increases the symbiotic partnership produces results and with the support of Brennan's Squint Squad, murderers, past and present
 should be on the look out.


There are three seasons and just yesterday I finished the last one. I now have to wait until August for the next season to start. I have decided that when deciding on a new show to watch, I am just going to pick one that is all over, that way I can just get the dvd's and watch them without having to wait. 

For some reason when I get really into a show my emotions get involved. I have to remind myself that it is just a show. 

Honestly, it isn't the story that I enjoy about this show, it is the character development. I can't get enough of it. Crazy? I think so.

Anyways, my life has been full of work and nothing else. I have a bunch of trips planned for this summer. Oh, and just so everyone knows, I am planning a trip to Zion National Park. We are going to be hiking the narrows in August. If you want to go, just let me know.

Now, go watch Bones!! 

6 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I read several of the books and they had her married but separated and living with a cop from Canada some of the time and she spent half of her time working in Canada and they got pretty dumb so I stopped reading them. I hope the TV show is better.She was also quite a bit older than the character looks in the pictures because she has a daughter that is in college. Actually maybe only the name and her vocation is the same.

June 5, 2008 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Eliza said...

I have this show on my Netflix queue. I didn't know anyhitng about it so I am glad I can look forward to getting it now.

June 7, 2008 at 12:18 AM  
Blogger kjSmith said...

I got the first season on dvd for my birthday in december and still haven't found the time to watch it, but your post inspired me so I'll go start it.

June 7, 2008 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I don't want to go to Zion National Park with you. Thank you for the invite.

June 10, 2008 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger Zachariah Parry said...

Old Mother Hubbard went to her cupboard
To fetch her poor dog Bones
What she found there
was that her cupboard was bare,
So the dog couldn't watch such a lame show and was better for it.

June 11, 2008 at 10:33 PM  
Blogger Jana Davis said...

Ok I haven't ever commented on here but thought it was worth it when you wrote about this TV show. I for one have seen it numerous times AND loved it for many reasons. For one I am a HUGE David Boreanaz Fan,I also loved the Hodgens/Angela thing going on. And how young Zack is ya ya but the thing I HATED was the fact that all of a sudden they were having people sleeping around with other people.. Remember the episode where Booth all of a sudden ends up in bed with his ex wife (I think it was a couple of times just that epi) I was sorely disappointed in Booth, so I pretty much decided I wasn't going to watch it and I actually haven't seen it since. (Sorry to burst your bubble) Just thought we could break the ice with something in common! Love ya!

June 25, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home