Friday, March 14, 2008

Meter Maids and My BuBu

I have now been in Salt Lake for 2 1/2 months and I still love it. Something I have learned during my stay here is that the city is very serious when it comes to parking. They have so many parking signs it is hard to keep track of where and when I can park. There is 5 and 10 minute parking, there is 1 and 2 hour parking. Sometimes you can leave your vehicle and sometimes you cant. There are little buggies that go around looking for the people who didn't pay the meter or are parked where the shouldn't be parked. Don't ever think you can get away with any parking violation in Salt Lake City, because the meter maids are trained like ninjas, they come when you aren't looking and when you least expect it. They leave a bright pink envelope with a bright yellow ticket. Talk about embarrassment... not only is it a slap in the face to get a ticket, but they want everyone who drives by to notice that you got a ticket too. I can appreciate the fact that they not only make you give them money, but they also resort to the traditional way of punishment, public humiliation. I have gotten close to 10 parking tickets adding up to more than $100.00 in the short time I have lived here. It isn't easy coming from a city where you can park almost anywhere for free at any hour of the day...even valet is free in Vegas. Vegas Rocks!


On Tuesday (3 days ago) I bought a scooter. It is a 2005 PGO My Bubu. If any of you have heard of the Genuine Buddy, it is the same thing, just with a different name. I paid $1700.00 for it and let me just tell you what it is going to do for me. Right now I am paying over $100.00 to put gas in my car every month. With the scooter I pay about $8.00 to fill the tank that will get me 80-100 miles to the gallon. I will probably have to fill up once every other week. The monthly payment added with insurance is $68.00. Does anybody else see the logic? There are many other reasons why I love having the scooter...It has enough room for two, so I can give rides to whomever, whether it be a girl...or a guy, right Audrey? I still need to register it and get my motorcycle endorsement. Oh, and I need to get a helmet and goggles...that is kind of important.

I recently got promoted to shift manager at the Hotel Monaco. I have also been given the responsibility to train new and inexperienced valet. Thats not bad considering the fact that I have only been working with this company for two months. I must have made an impression.

Spring break is coming up next week so I wont have any school, but I will be working all week. I have this weekend off to spend some time with my family in Vegas and to attend the wedding of Taylor Rice and his wife to be Amy Zockell.

If you didn't read my last post I explained that I am obsessed with crossword puzzles. I have decided to include a clue or two from one of my crossword puzzles every week until I don't feel like doing it anymore. Sometimes I get stuck and although I have the answers in the back, I try really hard not to look until it is absolutely necessary. This way I wont have to look and you all can give me different ideas. Here it goes...

1. "Aeneid" poet with six letters.

2. Committee head starting with a C, ending with N...11 letters.

Give me some of your thoughts.

7 Comments:

Blogger Zachariah Parry said...

Virgil
Chairperson

Also, both you and Jessica used whoever when it should have been whomever. At least she knew it was one word.

Nice scooter.

March 14, 2008 at 8:37 PM  
Blogger Eliza said...

Zach's smart.
Crossword puzzles are hard.
I like you and your scooter.

March 15, 2008 at 1:32 AM  
Blogger Zachariah Parry said...

Nice correction. Quick, too. I am glad my input is of value.

Eliza is smart.

March 15, 2008 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger Elaine Parry said...

I like Bu Bu. What will you do on a date when it snows?

March 15, 2008 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Zach, did you have to look them up or did you already know them? I did a few of the crossword words with Jacob when he was here and they are HARD.

March 17, 2008 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Taylor Rice as in Beckstead's cousin? He's marrying a Zockoll? Wierd. I bet you look funny riding your little scooter around. Or don't you?

March 18, 2008 at 4:36 AM  
Blogger drew said...

dude, parking in SLC is crazy. Just around President's Circle, at the U, there are probably 40 parking spots, of those 40 there are 3 different time limits. INSANE. I have also amassed quite a parking bill in my days in Utah.

I think that everyone should know that Jacob caught the garter at Taylor's wedding. Be on the lookout y'all!!

March 19, 2008 at 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home