Monday, April 7, 2008

Estoy Agobiado Bajo El Peso De Las Graves Dificultades Que Se Presentan En La Vida.

My schedule has been pretty full the last couple of weeks. I have been working almost non-stop and school takes up some time too.  Oh, and the never ending search for a girl that can put up with me is pretty time consuming as well. 

I will start with a funny story...at least I think it is funny:

Just last week I started hanging out with a guy in my ward whose name is Brandon Flint (He is a really good photographer. You can see some of his work here). Anyways, he invited me to go to dinner at The Garden, which is a nice little restaurant at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building. 
The girl that he is dating (Dana) wanted him to come in to see her/get something to eat but he didn't want to go alone. I told him I would go right after he told me that she would give me free dessert. After we ate it came time to leave a tip and I asked Brandon how much we should give. He told me that he was going to leave ten dollars so I said that I would match his ten dollars...After a long pause and him giving me a weird look I asked if I should leave less, he replied by saying "yes." I was okay with that...we both win, I save 5 bucks and he looks good. The only person that loses is Dana, but she didn't know. It was funny.

I had a mission reunion this past Friday. My mission president flew in from Honduras for the reunion and General Conference. I met up with him, his wife and some random mission buddies here in Salt Lake. I spent a couple of hours touring the church sites near temple square. We then parted ways for a couple of hours and met back up in Orem for the reunion. There were a lot of people that showed up, I was impressed. Some time was given to Presidente Valladares and his wife to speak. I felt like I was back in the mission again, it was so weird to see him standing in front of us giving us life advice. He talks in such a way that solicits attention, I love listening to him speak...I learn a ton. We finished the night by taking Pres and his wife to Denny's, He ordered the T-bone steak and eggs. We had Ex-Elder Hyde pay.

Conference was amazing. I actually watched the sessions on saturday minus Priesthood, I had to work. I even took notes on what the speaker were saying. The only thing that I was missing were my mommy's cinnamon rolls. I have been craving them all weekend.

FYI: I cried during President Monson's last words. I love him a lot.

The crossword girls name is Michelle. Now that I have her name, I can get her number...I am trying to take this one slow. Ha ha, two weeks to get her name and another week to get her number. I'm thinking by 2010 I will be ready to meet her parents.



5 Comments:

Blogger Nate Nead said...

Dang gina! Thanks for chilling with me yesterday. You da man. I think your mission prez. is going to be at my house tonight. Anyways, I should be looking at finding a girl with as much enthusiasm as you say you are. Later skillet.

http://www.natenead.com

April 8, 2008 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Eliza said...

If your friend really liked Dana he would want her to have your $10 more than he would want himself to look good. I hope she gets out before it is too late.

April 10, 2008 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Ummm who's gina? And what does later skillet mean? Was that Lake Mead writing? I talked to you when you were looking for your Mission Pres. but I didn't know you found him. I'm glad.

April 11, 2008 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I like you a lot. I'm with Eliza- if your friend told you to only leave 5, he should have bumped his tip up to 15. If we move to Utah next year, I'll make you cinnamon rolls for conference.

April 13, 2008 at 6:22 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

One more thing- I looked at your friend's photo blog and he is REALLY good! Is he expensive? I know someone who is getting married in October...

April 13, 2008 at 6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home