Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Family and Future

I will be going to school full time this next semester. I don't know how excited I am. I feel like I am going to be missing out on all the fun adventures that are going to be going on in Las Vegas while I am here. Zach and Amber will be there for the summer with their cute little kids and I wont be there for Cadence to crush on. This reminds me of all the fun that we had as a family last year. I was just looking at some of the pictures. 

I have also been playing the guitar a lot lately. I have even been writing some of my own stuff. When I say that I have been writing my own stuff, that just means that I have been making crap up. I actually have never written anything down. Did you know that no word in the English language rhymes with "month?" Even after telling you that, almost everyone who reads this will try to find a word that will. 

Today was my last day of classes until finals. I have a final next tuesday and then my last one is in the first week of May. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be prepared, but that wont stop me from passing. Somehow I always manage to surprise myself, and everyone else who knows how unmotivated I am right now.

It is 48 degrees outside right now, which sucks because yesterday it got up to 80. Right when we all thought that spring was here, nature takes it back. I was riding home from class on my scoot about 30 minutes ago when it started to hail on me.  At the time I was only wearing my goggles, so the hail was hitting my face at 50 mph. It felt like little needles sticking into my face. I had to stop and take out my helmet before I could go on. Even after I put my helmet on the little frozen bullets were pelting my neck. I endured for the 8 blocks that I had left. 

I have a new fetish...I have recently found that I love Sudokus. Don't be fooled, I still love
 crosswords, but I have entered into a new realm of these chinese games of numbers. Here is one that you can enjoy:

Anyways, just a brief summary of how things are going: I love Salt Lake and I have found the essentials of happiness: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. Hopefully you are loving what you are doing because what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man (or woman) and the life he (or she) leads? 

7 Comments:

Blogger Zachariah Parry said...

You should ALWAYS wear your helmet, regardless of the weather. Only idiots don't. Don't be an idiot.

April 15, 2008 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I was going to say the same thing as Zach only a little nicer, like only stupid people don't wear helmets. You can always come home for a weekend now and again this summer.

April 15, 2008 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I will say it even nicer than mom- you aren't safe, dummy. Also, you need to come to Vegas to visit the boys and me when we are there. I like you and your blog. Good luck on your finals.

April 18, 2008 at 7:02 AM  
Blogger The Findarle Family said...

I like sudokus too! and we can take trips down to vegas together maybe one day! also you are so retarded for not wearing a helmet! and you dont have to find a word that rhymes exactly... what about triumph or something... I bet weird al could think of some words that rhyme with month

April 19, 2008 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger Eliza said...

I always think it is funny when I see someone riding a scooter at like 25 mph with a helmet on. They look like a little special. Of course, only specials care more about how they look than their safety.

April 23, 2008 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger Zachariah Parry said...

So pick your poison - are you an idiot, stupid, a dummy, retarded, or special?

April 24, 2008 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger Jacob Parry said...

@Zach, I'm all of those things.

September 15, 2016 at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home